by Caspertwin 19 November 2011
Bank Phishing Emails & Phishing Scams as at 19 November 2011
What Is Phishing ?
Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail spoofing or instant messaging and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to deceive users, and exploits the poor usability of current web security technologies. Attempts to deal with the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, user training, public awareness, and technical security measures.
Phishing Bank Emails as at 19 November 2011
Phishing Scams as at 19 November 2011
Below are recent Phishing Scams:
- Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:00:03
- New Page 1 Dear Valued Customer, Your online security is our priority. But we need your help to keep you safe. So you can keep track of your money when you want, where you want. From the comfort of home or the convenience of work, Our security team introduce IP security threads to keep you safe. Log onto complete this process online: Regards, Santander Bank Member Services…
- Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:00:02
- Your account details have been changed We noticed that you recently changed the bank details you use to pay your TalkTalk bill, you are the rightful holder ofthe TalkTalk account and you must verify your account! We also require you to create a Six Digit Phone Identifaction Code this will gives you access to you account over thephone any time you call Us. Your Identification Code can only be any 6 numbers you like.How ever we recommend you not touse your Date…
- Fri, 18 Nov 2011 05:00:01
- Valued Account Holder, Your Halifax Online Password and Memorable Information was restricted due to invalid log on attempts by a suspected third party user. Restricted account(s) will not be able to receive payments, send payments or withdraw funds. Click here to resolve Yours sincerely, Halifax Secure Team. …
- Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:00:02
- Dear Halifax Customer, Recent unsuccessful attempts to log in into your ONLINE BANKING account have been the main reason of your access limitation Confirm my account “>All accounts are considered inactive will be suspended without notifying the owner. Thanks Halifax Online Banking….
- Fri, 18 Nov 2011 03:00:01
- Dear customer, During our regualry scheduled accounts maintenance and verifications procedures, we have detected a slight error regarding your Discover Bank Account. This might be due to one of the following reasons: 1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. address changing) 2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process. 4. Multiple failed logins in your personal account. 3. An inabillity to a…