by Caspertwin 19 November 2011
I have put together some tips you should be aware of.
(Note the following tips will not guarantee that you will be totally Secure )
1. Never copy and paste unknown code into the address bar
2. Always use an up-to-date browser
3. Use the report links on Facebook to flag suspicious behaviour or content on friends’ accounts
4. Be vigilant and be careful what Facebook apps you comment on, share or like due to recently, Facebook experienced a coordinated spam attack that exploited a browser vulnerability.
5. Prevent Nusence Messages. by not believing everything you hear or read until you have check the source. Google the message it’s the easiest way to find if there is any truth behind it before passing it on to others.
7. Check where the url is directing you to before you click on it .
To do this follow these steps:
Right click mouse over link
Copy link address
Open notepad and paste it there
8. Change your passwords on a regular basic.
9. Know what you are sharing on Social Networks
10. Check your Social Networks Security settings and stay informed with Securty updates.
11. Keep your Computers Operating System up-to-date.
12. Never give your password to anyone as legit company Never ask for your password .
13. Do not use your email address that your internet provider supplied you. Use one of many on-line free email service, if have concerns about your privacy you can always make up your details.
14. Keep your Internet Security, Anti Virus, And Malware programs up-to-date.
15. Never switch of your Securty programs
16. Perform regular Virus and Malware scans on your computer.
17. Clear your Browser Cache (most can be set-up to do this automatically) .
18. Empty Windows and User Cache regular.
19. Use a Virtual keyboard or Equivalent when entering your passwords on-line